The”Get Ready To Rock Auction” is the latest in the GRAMMY Charity Online Auctions.Winning bidders can enjoy extraordinary memorabilia and meet & greets with all proceeds benefiting MusiCares and the GRAMMY Foundation. Featuring…
- Rock memorabilia signed by Jeff Beck, the Black Keys, Fun., Billy Idol, Elton John, Mumford & Sons, Tom Petty, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sting, Neil Young, and more!
- Items signed backstage at the MusiCares MAP Fund benefit concert by Chester Bennington (Linkin Park,) Slash, Tony Alva, and more!
- Premium Concert and Meet & Greet Experiences with some of this summer’s hottest touring acts, including 311, Fall Out Boy, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Bruno Mars, the Band Perry and Rod Stewart!
The auction runs now through June 10, 2013
The Scottish band known for popular tracks like “Take Me Out” and “Do You Want To?” are back with a fourth album, Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action,that will be released on August 27th in the US and August 26 in the UK via Domino Records. Watch the album trailer here and see the tracklist below:
- Right Action
- Evil Eye
- Love Illumination
- Stand on the Horizon
- Fresh Strawberries
- Treason! Animals.
- The Universe Expanded
- Brief Encounters
- Goodbye Lovers & Friends
Ghost On Ghost (CD) Iron & Wine
Nuclear Winter The Lonely Forest
Plains The Laurels
Air Conditioning - Single Kisses
For Cheap Or For Free The Henry Clay People
Paramore (LP) Paramore
I & Love & Y (LP) The Avett Brothers
The Terror (CD) The Flaming Lips
Desperate Ground (LP) The Thermals
Mosquito (CD) Yeah Yeah Yeahs
20 Bands who won us over…in no particular order really.
1. BITE THE BUFFALO The British born brothers recently moved back to the UK for the opportunity to take their music to an international audience. Growing up in the mining towns of The Copperbelt, Zambia, the two got good tans and nice accents. Their debut album ‘Blue Lips’ was written in a Lighthouse off the coast of Dorset and recorded in a garage in Bath. The electric energy and demanding stage presence makes these guys stand out and we bet you’ll be seeing them soar to the top.
2. BULLET MADE STATUES With their psychedelic blend of indie rock grit , r&b grooves and punk rock energy, Bullet Made Statues makes music that is fresh, inspiring and heart-felt. While the band’s sound evokes comparisons to artists such as The Flaming Lips, Whitest Boy Alive, The Grateful Dead, Incubus, and Jamiroquai, Bullet Made Statues stands on its own. With Wes Pagano’s engaging lyricism floating atop a driving fusion of lush piano textures, funky rhythms and searing guitar, the band creates a genuinely refreshing sound you’d expect to find blaring through sold out stadiums around the globe- and perhaps you soon will.
3. SUPER WATER SYMPATHY Putting on a top-notch performance with their own lighting tech complete with bubbles, the visuals were only icing on the cake when it comes to Super Water Sympathy sets. With a unique and stellar voice and captivating lyrics like “How does it feel to know that nothing is real?” this female-fronted pop band from Louisiana won crowds over night after night. The band flew to London in 2012 to record with producer Cam Blackwood (Florence + The Machine, Coldplay, Morrissey), and emerged with the 12 new songs which make up Hydrogen Child. If you’re tired of the same old music and looking for the next up-and-coming thing, Hydrogen Child, will be a refreshing addition to your music catalog. Come on in and check it out, the Water is just right…!
4. MIME GAME You may recall a Warner indie recording artist by the name “Josephine Collective” and if you do, I am sure you are a fan. Well good news is Mr. Dillon Devoe is back this time in an alluring ensemble known as Mime Game, currently out of Kansas City. They are just starting to hit the social networks so we highly suggest checking them out and following via Twitter @mimegame and of course on Facebook. Enjoy this one while it’s still “on the down low.”
5. COUNTLESS THOUSANDS Always a crowd pleasing favorite of mine, I have been blessed to follow these guys around the past 9 years somehow just under the radar, but now the word is out! Completely owning the stage and creating a fun rockin’ atmosphere all week, Countless Thousands is a top-runner for South By Performers for years to come.
Arcade Fire are currently working on their new album at James Murphy’s DFA studio in New York.
This will be the band’s fourth LP. Their last album, The Suburbs (2010) topped charts in 6 countries, going Gold in America and Double Platinum in Canada.
The title and release date have yet to be announced.
- Big Star documentary, Nothing Can Hurt Me.
- The Black Lips / Icky Blossoms split 7” limited to 1,000 copies.
- Bob Dylan, double-sided single featuring a demo version of ‘Wigwam’.
- Brian Eno, Grizzly Bear, and Nicolas Jaar split remix 7″ Burger Records mixtape, The Taste of Burger Records.
- The Cure reissue 1987′s Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me on 12″ red vinyl.
- Daniel Johnston’s Fun issued on 12″ vinyl for the first time.
- David Bowie ‘The Stars Are Out Tonight’ and ’Where Are We Now?’ on 12″ single.
- Destroyer release limited edition vinyl of 2002′s The Night.
- Elliott Smith outtakes album, Alternate Versions from Either/Or 7.
- Gil Scott Heron and Brian Jackson collab ‘The Bottle’ reissued on 7″ green vinyl.
- Grizzly Bear reissue debut album, Horn of Plenty, on vinyl.